Through the Volunteer Voices section of our blog, volunteers or fellows like you can publish the remarkable LTEs and op-eds that don’t make it to the opinion pages. Read the guidelines below and follow the instructions for submitting your piece.
Once published, send the link to your Member of Parliament (MP) and be sure to amplify it on social media!
(Working on an LTE or Op-ed and looking for guidance? Check out our your tools page for lots of tips and tricks or reach out for some support by emailing email@example.com.)
guidelines for submission to Volunteer Voices
- authors must be Results Canada volunteers. (Not a volunteer? Join today!).
- published letters do not qualify for Volunteer Voices. Published LTEs/op-ed are shared on the actions taken page and celebrated on Results’ social media. If an LTE/op-ed is published in a newspaper after it is posted on Volunteer Voices, Results will take it down (this is because newspapers often want exclusive publication rights).
- your LTE or op-ed will not be published if it:
- violates our anti-oppression values,
- is partisan (blatantly biased towards/endorses/puts down a political party),
- does not relate to Results’ issues (i.e., extreme poverty, health equity, education, economic inclusion, advocacy, Canadian aid).
how to submit (see below)
- LTEs and op-eds must be submitted through our online form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors must indicate the date and publication(s) where they submitted their LTE/op-ed and Results will wait three weeks from date submitted before adding to Volunteer Voices in case it is published by the media outlet(s).
- Results reserves the right to choose whether to publish an LTE/op-ed on Volunteer Voices. All efforts will be made to communicate our reasoning with an author.
- Results will not edit the submission before posting and there will be a disclaimer indicating this and the fact that the views of the author do not necessarily reflect the views of Results.
- LTEs will be posted in the language in which they are written – they will not be translated.
If you need any support or require clarification, please contact email@example.com. We are here to help!